Thursday, October 4, 2012

This Is The Village That Made Our 2012 Devon a Success......


Thank you to Don, from Flower Farm, that handled Heirloom on Tuesday for his 2nd place, 80%, age group and for his GRAND CHAMPION East Coast Series for Foals!!!  Chuck and I met with Don several times, the week prior of DAD to practice and we were thrilled with his feel and calming mannerism.


L-R: Jake, Ginger, Phoebe, Julianna, Kim.  Thank you to Jake for making "Tomato so special!" It must be a read-head bond??  Ginger, well, thank you for offering me the ability to purchase The Great "Mater, among many other things, not to mention a 40th B-Day bash-galore!  Julianna and Kim -- I feel like the luckiest gal alive -- you both came all the way from FL to help me with my horses and to support Chuck, and I, and Vinca, and Thornridge Manor.  Wow -- what a cheering section we had!!!


Thank you to Wanja for preparing Whisper so well for her 2012 showing debuts.  What an accomplishment to walk away with another 80+%, especially at DAD!!


My best friend and confidant -- always Claudia -- There would never be any fun to be had a Devon, if you were not there to share it with me.  My only sadness is that your Miss Atty and Suzanne's dear Kat were not able to come strut their foal-power, too.  Much Love, XOXO


My husband Chuck, well, you rank right up there with Claud! For a non-horseman when you met me, I'd say, you have proven yourself to be an excellent handler.  And, I am happy to report that you look like you are having fun, too...LOL!!!  You are the best..........


Juliana and Kim were happy to head home to FL saying that they got to help run horses in the ring at DAD.  Juliana has competed here before -- that is how we first met each other in 2008, but this was Kim's first DAD experience.  You both brought Thornridge GREAT LUCK THIS YEAR....Thank you!!  Now next time, bring that FL Sunshine for every day!!!


Thank you to Chris for taking such great care of my dear broodmare, Wallstreet Romance.  There is no one that I would entrust her care with than you.  And, WOW, what another beautiful foal she has produced!!!

On Tuesday, we had lots of  people,  come and visit and support us.  Thornridge Manor would not be the same without:  Lizzy, Charlotte, Martha & Taylor, Mary & Ali, and last but certainly not least, Whisper's Breeder and good friend, Diane.  On Thurs and Fri, Loretta braved the heavy rain (well, at least during my ride) and came to watch Veronica ride.  Flower Farm cheer also came our way from: Ginger & Andy & Jake, Don & Michelle, Laurie, Erica, and Bonnie.  I say, "The more the merrier!!!" and I will always stick to my motto that a Farm is only as nice as the people that make it -- both Thornridge Manor & Flower Farm are lucky to have such grand support!!!  Oh my, I hope that I have not forgotten anyone........

No comments:

Post a Comment