Sunday, September 30, 2012

Going to Chicago Area for The Markel Finals Proved to be More Then Just About Riding.................


Veronica's Breeder/Owner is actually from Chicago, so she and her family treated Chuck and I to a day in the city.  We first met at The Original Pancake House.  Yum Yum is all I have to say!!!  This restaurant was the inspiration for all I-Hops, Diners, etc..................


Next, we did the tourist special, by going up to the top, of what was once, the tallest building ever in the world -- The John Hancock Building.  The top floor had aerial views of  beautiful Chicago -- I like this picture the best as it has both a city and a beach -- this alone is unique for any city and would be a reason for Chuck and I to come back for a weekend getaway!!!! 


I particularly loved the original water tower building of the city -- the only building standing after the Great Chicago City Fire in the 1800's.  How amazing it was to see a building that survived such a devastation.  Shortly after, we headed into Macy's to purchase famous Frango Chocolates to bring home to Family.


Also while in Chicago, I was able to meet up with my cousin Katie.  I had not seen her in 18 years and having the opportunity to see her and meet her husband and 4 children was incredible to me.  My Uncle Don (my Dad's brother) and Aunt Cathy drove 8 hours from Minnesota to meet us at Katie's!!!  I am speechless to be able to have had a wonderful evening with family.  Chuck and I have been together for 12 years and he had never met anyone on my Dad's side of the family -- so the evening was incredibly special!!!  Not unexpected, Gopher was the hit of the evening with the kids!!!  Chuck and I left very motivated to get together again soon -- so off to their Lake House we hope to catch up with my other 3 cousins in 2013!!!  I felt like I had never missed a beat with my family..................


Here is L-R: Jake and Tom, Ginger's Boys!!!  They are the best -- witty and helpful in every way.  I thank you both for coming to IL and helping Veronica and I shine. 


And, of course, here is Ginger, Veronica's breeder and owner, Vinca's breeder and owner, and Tomato's breeder.  It was truly special to me to have her come to a show and watch Veronica and I ride -- Markel marked the first time that Ginger has ever seen me ride IN PERSON -- wow, how exciting that was for me.  I wish that I had a picture with Andy, her husband, in a picture as well -- but, our husbands are the quiet ones and usually behind a camera themselves.  Ginger & Andy, I extend you a huge hug and heartfelt THANK YOU for everything to date -- 2012 has been an amazing journey together and I believe it will only get better, with friends like the two of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment