Sunday, November 18, 2012

Our Exceptional Pet Shines at His First Show.....Is it possible to love a horse more then we love DRESSED TO KILL aka "CALVIN?"






Dressed to Kill, our 3 yo, only a few months undersaddle, is sooooo much fun!!!!  He has been our pet extraordinaire since before he was born in 2009 but, now, once undersaddle, he continues to step up to the plate.  Claudia and "Calvin" have been tooting away most of the summer while I have been, otherwise busy. I knew they looked great together, and after my November Symposium/Clinic experience at the YHTS2012, I knew Calvin was in a great spot as a 3 yo.  Together, we had a learning experience, today, as we showed Intro A&B with scores up to 76%.  I do not care about the scores or win but love the fact that Calvin, after only 8 rides with me, found his confidence and stride.  Our game plan with Calvin this winter is to get him off the property for some mileage and exposure to different facilities -- that way, he will be ready to shine in whatever capacity he is emotionally and physically mature enough to deal with in 2013.  No rush will be made with our perfect baby as we own him.

It is thrilling to me to post pictures of our baby undersaddle and I welcome all of my blog enthusiast to keep up with the Current News Section of Thornridge Manor Website.  I continue to work furiously to make the updates and I can happily report that I am up to Aug 2012 -- WOW, 2012 has been a busy year and I have not had much extra time for paperwork. All I can share is that we have has a great season and championships -- and, we have a new rat added to the pack!!!!!!! All good and exciting times for me and Claudia and my beloved Thornidge, though. 

GOOOOOOOOO CALVIN!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment