Thursday, October 11, 2012

A DIVA, I AM NOT!!!!








Since Prince and I are heading off to BLM to compete Second Level 2, I decided to take him to the MDA Finals Schooling Show last weekend to get another feel of how he is in the ring.  This would mark only our third ride together at a show and well, only a total of 17 rides together in training.  I was tired and did not have enough caffeine to wake myself up that early am -- only to have the rains come, and attack, for my 9 am ride....but, Prince and I made the best of of it, together.  Oh, did I mention that Custom Saddlery provided me a new saddle for Prince -- and, yes, this show marked only the 5th ride in this saddle!!  So, the odds were against us, but we rallied to covet the highest score of the day, the only score given that day, out of a two ring show, only score in the 70's.....a 72+%.  But trust me, I am certainly not a diva, as I was just there to prepare for BLM -- actually, as I was going by the Thornridge Gang.....all dozen plus that were getting shelter in the ringside gazebo to watch Prince and me. I made funny faces to them.  I thought for sure someone in that gazebo would break out in hysteria once they saw my face -- nope, I never saw a reaction!!!  So, when I finished ride and all dozen friends from Thornridge had something nice to say to me, I was of course obsessed by whether they had seen my purposeful funny faces --- NO, NOT-A-ONE PERSON SAW ME make those faces!!!!  So, it has been a source of great fun all week to hoot and holler about how I made the faces every time I approached the gazebo.  And let everyone know that I was going to post those "priceless" pictures, so that everyone could, hopefully make fun of me!!!  Most people know what FIND WALDO means, so I challenge you to FIND FUNNY FACES -- there are two of them here.  If there is a time in my life when people think that I am taking myself too seriously....please TELL ME as I NEVER WANT TO BE KNOWN AS A DRESSAGE DIVA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment