Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Have You Gotten Enough Vegetables For The Day???


I, personally, knew I needed some more vegetables, so I decided to take some Phoebe-Time and go visit Heirloom, aka: Tomato on Monday June 4th.  Monday is (supposed to be) my day off....no wonder I still needed my horse fix!!!!  A horse in the shape of a 46 day old/6.5 week old foal is even just that more FINE!!!!!


So, yes, FINALLY, I have seen him trot.  Ginger keeps reassuring me he actually has 3 gaits (LOL)....but, today, I actually saw him TROT for the first time.  There were not that many steps of trot to be captured -- but LOOK AT THIS!!!  HE WAS BORN TO DO DRESSAGE.  FOLKS, This is one huge foal for his age....he is all muscle and all hind end power....unbelievable!!!

As incredible looking and moving as Tomato is, truly the best thing that I love about him at the moment is that he so mimics his full sister, Veronica.  They are just the most " SILLY-ITCHY...COME ON GIVE ME SOME LOVE,"  horses I have ever encountered.  Here is Chuck getting some itchy back from The 'Mater.


Technique & Vinca certainly stamp their offspring.....not only do I see Veronica in Tomato's eyes and expression, but, WOW, their shape/outline is so similar.  There are several offspring from this breeding, but someone up there has given me the most similar to Veronica to date -- crazy but totally true.  Ginger & I both agree that The 'Mater is going to be bigger. Lucky me...we will see?!?  With only a little hair loss around the muzzle and eyes, Ginger and I wonder if the Tomato may surprise us as a liver chestnut -- verdict is out, keep posted!!!!!


When I first met Tomato, I thought "WOW, this little guy has a ton of personality!"  Now, I think, "WOW, he is the sweetest vegetable EVER!"  He followed Chuck and I around the outside of the fence -- shucks, he was so pleased to be with people that we had a hard time telling which bay mare was his moma.  The silliest thing T did while we visited him for a few hours was try to pull-play on Q's halter.  He'd much rather hang out with people and give kisses or get itched. 


I cannot extend a larger THANK YOU to Jake, Ginger and ALL of Flower Farm for taking such good care of Tomato.  When I was in the field with him, he saw Jake walking down the lane and totally perked up, happy to see his best friend's arrival.  This meant the world to me, Jake!!!  Tomato is incredibly sweet and well handled, because of the entire Farm's influence, I still need to pinch myself that he is 1) mine, and 2) Veronica's full sibling.  A huge XOXO to all of Flower Farm!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment