Saturday, June 2, 2012

"DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE HE IS BEAUTIFUL" (LOL: Remember those 80's hair comercials?)........


                                                 Calvin is such a "GOOD BOOOOY......."


 I rode him first 2 weeks ago and have been too busy to ride him again.  I knew that once I started riding him that I needed to have the time to commit for full time.......well, I'm ready.


This week, I rode him twice -- so, these pictures mark my third time on him.  He goes forward and he steers so I figured it was time for me to place some connection challenges on him......he's a champ!!!!  Claudia was so thrilled to see how we got along together that she was crying....ugh, the three of us were a sappy bunch!!


I can count on one hand the numbers of horses that are are simply as happy as Calvin.  He never has a bad response, he just tries with all his heart to do what is asked of him.  He loves his life and he loves the added attention that riding has brought to his daily routine.  Calvin is ready to roll.......


I thank Claudia and Erica immensely for breaking our Calvin and giving him a super start undersaddle.  But, with that said, I have officially stolen him from Claudia.  My goal with Calvin is to have him ready to SHINE in 3 YO Material Classes!!!! Watch out DAD, here we come!!!!  I could just pinch myself with the great joy Calvin continues to bring  me....he is not just the most beautiful horse I've ever seen, but he is incredibly comfortable with wonderful movement, a brain and work ethic.

Calvin truly is my "PET EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!"
Please, Don't Hate Me Because He's BEAUTIFUL......



1 comment:

  1. Phoebe--- He is gorgeous! He will be one to watch :) Congrats to the entire Thornridge team !!

    ReplyDelete